Friday, November 5, 2010

Bookcyprus.com and Aeolos Travel in Cyprus get a good understanding of Social Media in Travel

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic
Some time last week the phone rang and the Marketing Manager of the leading travel portal in Cyprus was on the other side of the cable. Andreas Lazarou from Aeolos travel, owners of www.bookcyprus.com has asked me if I could give a seminar to the team of Aeolos and Bookcyprus in Protaras over the weekend.


I have gladly accepted the challenge, but I could never think that that weekend would have been such an experience. Talking to people involved in online travel sales was for me a fantastic experience. I am a trainer for the last 10 years now and dealing with online travel training for almost 3 years. The team was simply fantastic. The mixture of “onliners” and “offliners” in the room gave the perfect mixture to achieve attention and challenging questions that I enjoyed very much.

I really hope that the audience has enjoyed the seminar as much as I did. Of course the scenery was perfect. The “extreme” hospitality of Sotos Stephanou, Managing Director of Aeolos, and the relaxed luxury of Cabo Bay Hotel came to close the circle of a perfect professional weekend.

Special thanks to Ian Hay for sharing the picture above from his Blackberry on his TwitPic.

Thank you Aeolos and Bookcyprus.com

2 comments:

  1. It was a very interesting seminar indeed. Any tips (development wise) regarding social media are more than welcome. If need my email address please ask it from Yiannis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all enjoyed it too- a very interesting weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for you comments, they are very valuable to us.